Monday, April 25, 2011

Drink 101: Short and Sweet

Cuba Libre Cocktail
Sweet Delicious
Coke (and Rum)
Today we bring you the Cuba Libre.  This cocktail classic is made from light rum, lime juice, and cola.  I’m not going to mess around with a bunch of jokes and crap.  I’m just going to let you know that this drink is really good.  I would say that it tasted a lot like a Diet Coke Lime, except for the fact that the Cuba Libre was not horrible.  It probably tasted extra good to me because I recently gave up drinking Coke and this was a chance to not only have a Coke, but to get some rum, too.  I call that a win-win-win.



Overall Rating for the Cuba Libre




Taste: 5
Presentation: 4
Ease of Preparation: 4 – Lime twist is complicated
Drinks Until Blackout: 9 – 12% Alcohol

Ingredients

2 oz Light Rum
.5 oz Lime Juice
4 oz Cola

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...