Sunday, May 1, 2011

Drink 106: The Bartender Has Tritanopia

Purple Hooter Cocktail
Brown Hooter
Mrs. Bottle here today to discuss the Purple Hooter. This is a shooter comprised of citrus vodka, triple sec, and black raspberry liqueur. It wasn’t bad, but my expectations when drinking something purple are that it’s going to look purple and taste purple. This was neither. I even ventured onto Google to see if I could learn why this is acceptable. There seem to be three common variations of this recipe and of course none match Mr. Boston’s recipe. One of the websites showed the recipe with vodka, black raspberry liqueur and 7-Up. However, the video on this same site showed how to make it used cranberry juice and club soda instead of 7-Up. I just don’t understand the world today. 

And this leads me to another thing that has me perplexed, but let me give some background first. Mr. Bottle has insisted that we undertake many home improvement projects this year. It’s thoroughly annoying because he knows how much I hate improving our home. Its mediocre nature suits me just fine. Plus he knows how very much I hate having to deal with contractors every day. However, because I need him to be happy so I remain happy, I complied and agreed that the bland, neutral tones in several of our rooms should be changed to more exciting colors.

So off to the home improvement stores we went to gather up several paint samples to help decide. And so here we are, back at my perplexing question. Who comes up with these paint color names? For instance, Benjamin Moore has a color called “Peace and Happiness”. What the hell is that? Apparently to someone at that company, it’s a light purplish hue. But when I polled Mr. Bottle about what he thinks peace and happiness look like, he said “a Chiptle burrito”. Which is not purple. And how about their color “Sweet Caroline”? According to the folks at Benji Moore, that’s a color in the green paint hue family (it looked awfully tan to me but there’s no time to pursue this angle). When I hear “Sweet Caroline”, all I see is a wall covered with Neil Diamonds, not a green (or tan) room. I could go on and on, but you get my point.

Vintage Charm Purple

It’s clear that the same people who name the paint colors at Benjamin Moore are the very same folks who created the so-called Purple Hooter.

Overall Rating for the Purple Hooter




Taste: 3
Presentation: 2 – The purple was sort of missing
Ease of Preparation: 4
Drinks Until Blackout: 3 – 32% Alcohol

Ingredients

1.5 oz Citrus-flavored Vodka
½ oz Triple Sec
¼ oz Black Saspberry Liqueur

2 comments:

Christine@Foodista said...

Hello The Bottle is a Wonderland,

We've selected you as our Foodista Drink Blog of the Day for this May 26, 2011! Your blog (regarding Tritanopia) will be featured on the Foodista homepage for 24 hours. Besides posting your link on the homepage, we will also post a couple shout outs on our Twitter and Facebook pages.

Since you are now a part of the Foodista Featured Drink Blogger of The Day Community, we've created a special badge for you to display proudly on your blog sidebar. I couldn't find your email on your blog to send you the access code for the special badge, but I want to make sure you get it if you are interested. Please send me an email and I'll send it right away.

We are really enjoying your blog and look forward to seeing your recipes, tips and techniques on Foodista! If you would not like to be recognized on Foodista please let me know and I will remove your blog from our queue.

Cheers,

Christine@foodista.com

yeled-pele said...

This time, we got the following crossword puzzle clue : Wonderland drink that also known as Wonderland drink 3 letters . First, we gonna look for more hints to the Wonderland drink crossword puzzle . Then we will collect all the require information and for solving Wonderland drink crossword . In the final, we get all the possible answers for the this crossword puzzle definition.
try this Solution 3 letters: TEA

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...