Monday, May 2, 2011

Drink 107: Slow News Day

Rocky Mountain Cooler Cocktail
Not Peachy Keen
I know this is going to blow your mind, but Mrs. Bottle is here two days in a row. Super amazing, I know. Mr. Bottle is too busy ready all the stories about Osama Bin Laden  so I am taking the opportunity to discuss today’s drink, the Rocky Mountain Cooler.  Since we’ve been cooling our heels for 10 years waiting for this moment, this seems a fitting drink (feel free to groan out loud because I certainly did as those words poured out).  Anyone who has read the Boston Gold entry knows that I actually create the menu on Saturdays and I assure you that the CIA did not give me a heads up on the operation in order for me to pick out the perfect drink for today’s blog. If they had, I’m pretty sure it would not have been this one. Because something called the Osama is Gone drink would have been even more fitting. If only Mr. Boston had included something clever and prophetic like that. Then my mind would have been blown.

On to the drink. The Rocky Mountain Cooler is made from peach schnapps, pineapple juice and lemon-lime soda (we used Sprite Zero). When Mr. Bottle and I had our first sips of the drink, we thought it was pretty darn good and that it certainly merited a “4” on the TBIAW scale of drink awesomeness. Then we continued to drink it and the peach flavor became more and more pronounced. By the end of the drink, I had Mr. Bottle in a headlock and was trying to force it down his gullet because I really didn’t want a single additional drop of that sickly sweet stuff. Needless to say our final rating dropped, as you can see below.

Final conclusion: This drink would have been better with no peach schnapps and vodka instead. Or just as plain Sprite Zero because that’s tasty too and it has almost as much alcohol.


Overall Rating for the Rocky Mountain Cooler




Taste: 3
Presentation: 3
Ease of Preparation: 5
Drinks Until Blackout: 25 – 3% Alcohol


Ingredients
1.5 oz Peach schnapps
4 oz Pineapple juice
2 oz Lemon-lime soda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...