Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Drink 122: The Atom's Family

Mamie's Sister Cocktail
I really need to
pay more attention
to the lighting
Today’s drink is the Mamie’s Sister, a combination of gin, lime juice, and ginger ale. This drink happens to be named after one of the few women in California who has not had a baby with Arnold Schwarzenegger.  I am not sure about any relationship between the former Governator and Mamie herself, though.  I have been working on a joke on this topic.  It starts off, “Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tiger Woods, and Dominique Strauss-Kahn walk into a bar”.  It ends with “I’m sure of one thing, it wasn’t his wife”, but I need to work on the middle section a bit.

There have been a lot of stories over the last few days trying to figure out why powerful men cheat on their spouses and otherwise treat women badly.  I’m guessing the equation goes something like this:

(Opportunity + Overconfidence) * Outsized Sense of Entitlement = Cheating

It doesn’t seem like quantum physics to me, but there is probably a little more to it than that. Maybe those guys who just spent ten years studying the shape of an electron could help refine my findings.  In case you were wondering the shape of an electron, it is round.


They could have saved 10
years if they had just looked
up "atom" on Wikipedia

Once they figure it out, I would be happy to recommend they celebrate by having Mamie’s Sister (the drink).  It was really delicious.  Everyone knows that gin and lime juice complement each other.  After all, they are the main flavors of a Gin & Tonic, my favorite drink. Replacing tonic water with ginger ale makes it a little sweeter than a G&T, but yummy nonetheless.  I can’t wait to meet Mamie now.

Overall Rating for the Mamie’s Sister




Taste: 5
Presentation: 4
Ease of Preparation: 4
Drinks Until Blackout: 9 – 11% Alcohol

Ingredients

2 oz Gin
1 oz Lime Juice
Ginger Ale



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...