Monday, May 23, 2011

Drink 120: Bulls on Parade

Are you like me? Do you think bullfighting is a noble sport of gallantry and art?  Do you think that the bulls are asking for it?  Do you like the way the toreador’s butt looks in his bedazzled pantaloons?  If you answered “yes” to either of the first two questions then you are not like me.  I think bullfighting is an anachronistic remnant of the past that should be forgotten, sort of like MTV. 

Do these pants make my butt look gored?
Img: totalprosports.com
I don’t like to see people get hurt, but I do think that the only good thing about bullfighting is when the bull wins.  In case you are wondering about that fellow with a bull’s horn in his butt, he wasn’t seriously hurt.  I suppose that’s a good thing, but I’m not sure the bull would agree.

Brave Bull Cocktail
Mrs. Bottle is now a pro at lemon twists
Another bull that might leave you feeling bad is the Brave Bull, but not because of its taste.  The coffee liqueur and tequila combined to make a refreshing drink.  I could see myself having a few of these.  The problem is that it comes in at just under 35% alcohol.  This makes the Brave Bull is one of the strongest drinks we’ve tried so far.  Drink too many and you might feel like you’ve been gored.   Your butt probably wouldn’t be as sore, though.  Probably.


Overall Rating for the Brave Bull




Taste: 5
Presentation: 4
Ease of Preparation: 4 – Twist of lemon held it to a 4
Drinks Until Blackout: 3– 35% Alcohol

Ingredients

1.5 oz Tequila
1 oz Coffee liqueur



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...