Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 38: Fail-y Irish Cream

Death By Chocolate Drink
Romance Bear will be disappointed
While Mr. Bottle sleeps, Mrs. Bottle here to discuss today’s drink. The penultimate beverage from this week’s tribute to Romance is called Death by Chocolate. It is a mixture of crushed ice, Irish cream liqueur, Crème de Cocoa (the brown kind), vodka and chocolate ice cream. I have to admit that I was giddy with excitement about today’s drink and my expectations were soaring through the clouds. Bailey’s? Like it. Crème de Cocoa? Mmmm. Chocolate ice cream? Nom nom nom. Then my expectations jumped from the plane without a parachute.

First, I’d like to propose a new name for this drink. The ratio of Bailey’s to the rest of the ingredients actually resulted in a frozen concoction I’d like to call the Languishing Coma by Bailey’s. I thought I liked Bailey’s, but not when I expect to taste chocolate and I get nothing. Even the Cool Whip and chocolate jimmies on top couldn’t help much. This did not put me or Mr. Bottle in a very romantic mood. His first sip resulted in the subtle statement “I don’t like this at all”. While I agreed, I kept thinking it would get better if I mixed in all that Cool Whip and added even more jimmies. No such luck.

Relationships this special
are usually found in Tijuana
This led me to question my belief in the tastiness of Bailey’s. While I very much detest all alcohol websites for reasons others have already blogged about, I tentatively ventured to Bailey’s site. First, I give kudos to them for not adding some awful flash and loud music to their site. But I did learn that what makes Bailey’s so special is the Irish milk from the Irish cows that apparently are the happiest cows in the world. So many questions here: Who interviewed all the cows in the world? And how did they actually talk to all the cows? How do Irish cows know that it’s better in Ireland? Seems like if I were a cow, I’d prefer India. I also learned that the whiskey and the cream in Bailey’s have a special relationship. A “special” relationship?? This doesn’t sound romantic at all.

My recommendation: Get a chocolate milkshake and add vodka for a romantic relationship.

Overall Rating for Death By Chocolate



Taste: 2 - We signed up for some chocolate-y goodness not Bailey’s meh-ness
Presentation: 4 - Chocolate jimmies are worth at least a point
Ease of Preparation: 2 - Required a blender
Drinks Until Blackout: 10 – 7% alcohol
Romance Score: 2

Ingredients

1 oz Irish Cream Liqueur
.5 oz Crème de Cocoa (Dark)
.5 oz Vodka
1 scoop Chocolate Ice Cream

1 comment:

Kimo said...

Hey, I thought California cows were the happiest in the world!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...