Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 78: My Body is a Temple

Shirley Temple Cocktail
Shirley Temple,
you can't be serious
Today is a day of great shame at the Bottle Wonderland Estate.  And no it is not because the blog is late again today or because this entry isn’t going to live up to the phenomenally high level of our 88 previous posts (spoiler alert!). It is because today’s drink doesn’t even have any alcohol.


(I’ll pause while you finish gasping)

The Mr. Boston Platinum Edition contains over 1,500 recipes.  39 of those are non-alcoholic.  Mathematically that works out to about one non-alcoholic drink for every 38.5 days. So if you look at it like that, we are way overdue to have a drink sans alcohol.  We don’t look at it like that, though.  When we started this blog, Mrs. Bottle said, “we’re not doing any of those non-alcoholic drinks; they are a complete waste of time.” The waste of time part might be true, but here we are anyway.

As Mrs. Bottle mentioned yesterday, one of our friends turned 40 on Saturday and we went out to celebrate.  We agreed to go out even though we are both much younger than our friend.  I am in my late mid-30s and Mrs. Bottle said not to reveal her age under pain of death.  Regardless, even at our young ages our recovery time from a night out is a bit longer than it used to be.  As a result, neither of us was really in the mood for a drink on Sunday.   We had to provide a post though, so we decided to go non-alcoholic.  The sound you hear is my liver exhaling a sigh of relief.

We decided to go with the Shirley Temple, the classic favorite of cookie crunchers everywhere.  I doubt you were wondering, but a Shirley Temple is made from grenadine and ginger ale.  The Mr. Boston guide cares as little about this drink as I do, since it doesn’t even bother to put measurements for the ingredients.   We did our best to make it anyway.  The drink looked nice I suppose.  I think it tasted like ginger ale but I wasn’t really paying attention.   I would keep going but I’ve already wasted enough of your time.

They should rename this drink the
Miley Cyrus, the modern equivalent
of Shirley Temple's innocence
(Img)


Overall Rating for the Shirley Temple




Taste: 3
Presentation: 4
Ease of Preparation: 4
Drinks Until Blackout: ∞

Ingredients

Grenadine
Ginger Ale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...