Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 77: OMG WTF BBQ

First things first, in response to Mr. Bottle’s blog from yesterday, I want to unequivocally state that I do not and never have used a Shake Weight. That is not a look I’m going for, and I’m not referring to the advertised muscle buildup after the workout.

Mr Bottle doesn't see anything wrong with this look
(Img: blippitt.com)

Oh My Gosh, today’s drink, is perfect for how I feel as I write this. As in, oh my gosh, I just can’t hang like I used to. Last night, Mr. Bottle and I went for a night on the town to celebrate a friend’s 40th birthday. At the end of the evening as we reviewed the bill for the beverages consumed, I realized with some amazement that I had racked up a total of seven drinks. Seven??!! “What the hell was I thinking?” one might ask. But I think it’s safe to say that after drink number four there’s not much thinking going on. I tried to be reasonable, sticking to my old friend, the vodka tonic. It’s my contention that the tonic water helps keep you hydrated although maybe consuming five negates any of those benefits. What also negates any chance of an easy recovery is a tequila shot. However, another contention of mine is that you can’t have a milestone birthday celebration without some form of shot consumption. The last thing which may (and I emphasize the word may) have put me over the edge was the Root Beer Bomb, a combo of root beer flavored vodka and Red Bull. And unlike other legendary combos like rum and coke or vodka and OJ, this was not so legendary tasting.
Oh My Gosh Cocktail
Oh My Gosh it doesn't look that good
So despite the adventures from last night, I’m still able to discuss today’s drink without feeling too unsteady as I think about the flavors. Oh My Gosh is a shooter with equal parts peach schnapps and amaretto. Originally Mr. Bottle and I thought this was going to be a terrible drink since neither of us loves these alcohols. However, we each had the same reaction after tasting it. Oh my gosh! It actually tastes pretty good. So I guess peach schnapps and amaretto really complement each other and do make a good combo. Maybe not legendary, but definitely better than that root beer disaster.

Overall Rating for the Oh My Gosh




 
Taste: 4
Presentation: 3
Ease of Preparation: 4
Drinks Until Blackout: 7 – 18% Alcohol

Ingredients

1 oz Peach Schnapps
1 oz Amaretto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...