Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 15: Tequila À La Mode

Alamo Splash Drink
Where's the Rest?
When Mrs. Bottle and I decided to undertake this grand and important project, we agreed that it would be a collaborative effort.  Up until now it has been.  Last night, though, Mrs. Bottle was at some play about a dancing boy while I was home alone.  I’m not sure where she gets off having a life, but much like Billy Elliot, I was able to triumph over adversity and mix, photograph, taste, drink, and rate the Alamo Splash all by myself.  And just like Billy Elliot, I did it completely nude.  Or was that The Full Monty?  Either way, I was nude.

The Alamo Splash is a mix of tequila, orange juice, pineapple juice, and lemon-lime soda.  We found the recipe for this drink a bit puzzling.  After mixing the ingredients, we were told to strain the drink into a chilled Collins glass.  There are only about 3 ounces of liquid in an Alamo Splash so it looks pretty ridiculous in the glass without any ice.  The only person in the world who would think that drink looks right is John Stockton.

"I'll Take Two"

I was intrigued by this drink because the ingredients list looked pretty good, similar to a Tequila Sunrise.  Unfortunately it was a bit of a let down.  It seemed like the orange juice, pineapple juice, and lemon-lime soda clashed a bit.  I poured additional soda in the glass in an effort to improve it but even extra carbonated goodness couldn't save it.

I’m not sure about this drink’s name, either.  Presumably it is called the Alamo Splash because of the splash of lemon-lime soda and not because Davy Crockett and Sam Houston liked to playfully fight in the tub while sipping tequila. 

Overall rating:




Taste: 2
Ease of Preparation: 4
Presentation: 2
Drinks until blackout: 7 – A little over 20% alcohol

Ingredients:

1.5 oz Tequila
1 oz Orange Juice
.5 oz Pineapple juice
Splash Lemon-Lime soda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...