Friday, June 17, 2011

Drink 142: Revisión de bebida aburrida

It’s been a couple of days since our last post. You probably think we haven’t blogged recently because we are lazy or we have been out on the town or possibly we forgot our blogger.com password.  As usual, you would be wrong. We actually have been spending the entire time cogitating on clever new ideas.  All that thinking means that you are in for something special.  Not today, though, but I’m sure there will be something worth reading at a point in the near future.  I hope.  Until then, we will have to stick with a boring old drink review.

Cuban Cocktail No. 1
Número de cóctel cubano Uno

Today’s boring drink review is for is the Cuban Cocktail No. 1, a mix of rum, simple syrup, and lime juice.  I think if we had tried this drink early in our journey it would have rated fairly low, since the lime juice flavor was pronounced and a bit tart.  That is not as much of an issue these days. As we’ve progressed our appreciation of the flavors of strong drinks and lime juice has increased.  I would go so far as to say that it was a pleasure to have something that didn’t send me into sugar shock after several sips. This drink is pretty strong, though, so I wouldn’t recommend it for the faint of heart.

Since it is Friday night and I have better things to do than sit here and rack my brain for jokes or web links [ed. note: not really] I just planned on linking back to our Rebecca Black parody and calling it a night.  The thought of it was making me so so so excited until I learned that the video has been pulled from YouTube due to a copyright dispute.  I just hope that Obama and Boehner have their priorities in order and end this short national nightmare during their golf outing tomorrow.  I know the outing is tomorrow because tomorrow is Saturday, and Sunday comes afterwards.


Kick it in with some tax cuts?
Kick it with some spending cuts?
Gotta make they minds up,
which choice will they make?
img: washingtontimes.com/AP
 Overall Rating for the Cuban Cocktail No. 1




Taste: 4
Presentation: 2
Ease of Preparation: 4
Drinks Until Blackout: 4 – 27% Alcohol

Ingredients

2 oz Rum
½ oz Lime Juice
½ oz Simple Syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...